Do you have something to sell or have a business that you would like to take to the next level? Would you like to open an online e-commerce store for free and start making money right away? Well if your answer is yes then I’ve got some great news for you.
Web design experts recommend these websites that offers free webstore builder for you to try, and best of all you don’t need to know HTML or Photoshop. You can easily create your online store in minutes and start making money right away.
1) Shopify -create a stunning online store using their 100+ highly customizable store templates
- All in one ecommerce solution
- Built in speed and security for hosting
- Responsive customer support
- Includes marketing essentials to promote your online store
- Free ecommerce themes
- Shopify App Store
- Pricier than competition
- Hacking around customization
- Lack of features compared o others
- Non-Standard Coding – “liquid” codes.
Shopify provides 14 days free trial. Their basic plan is available at $29/month, professional plan at $79/month and unlimited plan at $179 per month. A simple starter plan is available at $14 per month. SSL encryption, fill html/css access, and unlimited bandwidth and global cdn hosting are available to all hosting plans while other features are exclusive for higher plans like:
- store templates available to $29 per month and above
- discount code engine available to $59 plan and above
- real time carrier shipping available to $179 plan and above
- product listing- $14 per month (25 products)| $29 per month (100 products)| $59 per month (2,500 products)| $179 per month (unlimited)
- file storage-$14 per month (1 GB)– $29 per month (1 GB)| $59 per month (5 GB)| $179 per month (unlimited)
- transaction fees per process- $14 per month (2%)| $29 per month (2%)| $59 per month (1%)| $179 per month (None)
Shopify offer bulk purchase discounts. Once you buy a years worth of monthly subscriptions in one go you will get 10% off. Bulk purchase of 2 years worth of subscriptions gets a 20% discount.
2) SpreadShirt – A Springboard for you ideas
With SpreadShirt you can open a FREE shirt shop and fill it with your own designs or with designs from our community. This is how you can grab more attention for your projects, ideas and hobbies.
* No costs, no risks (we both earn when someone orders).
* You have an idea, we bring it to the shirt (and take care of the processing, payment and shipping).
* We print products individually and ship starting at one piece.
* Seamless integration into your online presence (from websites to communities to MySpace Profiles or blogs)
* Choose English or French as your shop language.
3) BigCommerce -complete hosted ecommerce solution with a user-friendly design tools, robust marketing and SEO features and responsive customer support
- Easy to Use interface
- Search Engine Friendly
- Integrates with MailChimp, iContact, oLark, iDevAffiliate and third party software
- powerful and flexible API
- rock-bottom pricing
- No transaction fees. No setup fees. No termination fees.
- no B2B support
- lacks a multilanguage storefront
- designs are a bit outdated, and not as polished as its competitors
- no built in newsletter or affiliate software
BigCommerce provides 15-day free trial on their service as well as 10% off on bulk discount for purchasing a year of worth of their service plan. Their plans start at $24.95 per month up to $299.95 per month. For excess bandwidth, BigCommerce charges $5.12 for each extra gigabyte (1/2 cent per megabyte)
4) Volusion -trusted all-in-one ecommerce software solution since 1999.
- ease in managing products
- powerful seo and social media marketing tools
- 24×7 customer support
- integrates with Amazon.com
- Phone Order & POS System
- 5-Tier Affiliate System
- differentiate its plans by the number of items you list on your online store
- plans include storage limits
- not intuitive user interface
- unable to make custom exports/reports unless you’re a developer
- delayed response time in customer support
- no email marketing feature yet
Volusion includes 14-day free trial. There plans are the following:
- $15/month- Mini. Features 100 products, 1 GB bandwidth.
- $35/month- Bronze. Features 1000 products, 2 GB bandwidth.
- $65/month- Silver. Features 2500 products, 5 GB bandwidth.
- $125/month- Gold. Features 10 000 products, 25 GB bandwidth.
- $195/month- Platinum. Features unlimited number of products, 40 GB bandwidth.
5) CoreCommerce. First class all in one hosted ecommerce software solution for your online store with FTP access, shared SSL and top notch support included in their 15 day free trial.
- No monthly transaction fees
- amazing customer service
- multiple package levels
- one page checkout
- fully packed with SEO and marketing features
- search engine friendly code
- easy to customize
- free 100+ ecommerce templates
- no transaction fees
- SEO optimization is bit crappy
- relatively pricey as compared to other all in one ecommerce solution
- lacks quality of templates
- problems while generating reports in Quick Books
- less popular than the others
CoreCommerce provides 15 days free trial and various coupon codes to get discounts. Listed below are their plans:
- $24.99/month – Pioneer. Includes 250 products and 2GB bandwidth.
- $29.99/month – Advanced. Includes 1000 products and 4GB bandwidth.
- $69.99/month – Professional. Includes 2000 products and 5GB bandwidth.
- $109.99/month – Expert. Includes 10 000 products and unlimited bandwidth.
- $159.99/month – Premier. Includes unlimited products and unlimited bandwidth.
6) Yahoo Store – Host to more top 500 Internet Retailers than any other ecommerce provider.
Yahoo provide everything you need in an ecommerce solution. Here is their special features:
Design Tools: Create a store with easy-to-use tools.
Product Info: Use our simple ecommerce wizard to add all your product details.
Billing: Accept credit, debit, and PayPal payments.
Marketing: Drive traffic to your site with free marketing features and discounts—including a grand opening email.
Processing: Easily process and ship orders.
Tasking: Measure your success with extensive reporting capabilities.
Promotion: Get $50 setup fee WAIVED if you sign up today!
7) Godaddy Quick Shopping Cart – simple, fast, and affordable ecommerce solution to create your professional and high-
- Simple to use to the degree of no programming knowledge required
- Cheaper compared to other ecommerce solutions
- Easy to use control panel
- Site builder has Flash support, audio and video players, RSS.
- Excellent traffic reporting.
- Good shopping-cart tax and shipping options.
- top-notch customer support
- Confusing sign-up has too many options, come-ons.
- Product logs you out too often.
- Components poorly integrated.
- E-mail account provision is stingy.
- Need a separate SSL certificate to accept credit cards.
- No free trial.
- Image limitations on each product
- Pay extra for functionality, like blogging, email marketing, and other services.
The following are plan pricing from Godaddy Quick Shopping Cart
- $9.99/month. Economy. 150GB bandwidth. Listing for 20 products.
- $29.99/month. Deluxe. 500GB bandwidth. Listing for 100 products.
- $49.99/month. Ultimate. 1,000GB bandwidth. Listing for unlimited number products.
8) SBI – simple. powerful and complete ecommerce software solution.
- 90 day money back guarantee
- easy to use drag and drop sitebuilder
- includes all the very best features of blogging
- delivers sites that attract high volumes of targeted niche traffic
- mobile-friendly site interface
- powerful social media sharing features site-wide
- includes a powerful Mailout Manager
- includes comprehensive business-building education
- recommended for beginners in internet marketing but not for experts probably
- cannot do 301 redirects
- supports email only
- $299 per year
- $29.99 per month
9) 1and1 Ecommerce – easy Solutions for own onlineecommerce shopping stores
- Free webhosting for first 3 months.
- 24/7 Support on Phone and Email
- Cloud hosting
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Linux/Windows hosting
- 38 different design templates
- marketing tools
- ebay integration
- difficulty in usability of the website and the setup wizards.
- shipping setup seems to be cumbersome
- lack of help and FAQ
1&1 eShops appears in Starter eshop, Professional eshop and Advanced eshop, which is plans ranges from $9.99 to $49.99 a month. The difference of the ecommerce plans can be seen in their offered web space and transfer bandwidth. The higher the plan the more features you can access.
Sign Up to 1and1.
10) eBay – Save Time, Sell More.
They’ve got the tools to meet your selling needs from start to finish!
– Take the burden out of listing
– Increase selling efficiency
– Improve your selling success
List: Choose a free option such as Sell Your Item (SYI) or Turbo Lister and get started selling.
Manage: Once your items are listed on eBay—track the status and make changes. Automatically send emails, invoices and labels.
All in One: End to end selling tools for the professional or large-scale seller. Efficiency at its best!
Save time, Sell more only at eBay Store.